Monday, August 11, 2008

Journal 3rd

I have been writing this journal for a while. I suppose this is the third volume of it. I started when I was about to leave America, the second one was from, I don’t know. But there were some intervals between them. My previous computer didn’t accept Blogger so I had to stop keeping a journal. It sounds weird, but my PC didn’t show only Blogger. Besides it was nice to part from this for a while, a year since I was fed up with thinking about readers. I know no one would read my journal. Some might have happened to visit this, but I bet all the money in this world nobody has read this seriously.

It’s stupid to consider non-exist readers; like I should not use bad words and all. I know swear words make people look stupid when the people don’t speak good English. I know many Mexicans who swore a lot, but didn’t know proper English. They looked, even to me, stupid. Broken-English speakers swear a lot. It’s partly because they want to hide their poor English with those strong words. At least they think fuck, shit, and etc. disperse the idea that they speak shitty English. Another reason, a broken-English speaker uses swear words a lot is that he slightly knows better English than beginners. At least they know how to make a sentence like “I like mayonnaise. But I don’t like house radish.” And if he can talk with a real English speaker a minute with that English level, he may think “It’s time to swear.” It’s all Hollywood’s fault. Scriptwriters in LA must have the delusion that every one of movies should consist of swear words, or no one likes their story. Anyway, those confused broken-English speakers start using fuck, shit, what the fuck, look at the shit to impress people for their “good” English.

“Could pass me the fucking mayonnaise please?” “What the fuck is going on, sir?” If you overhear like these, don’t look to the direction right away, but consider their English level. There is nothing you can do for him. Hollywood is to blame, not Japanese or Mexicans.

Well I was talking about how stupid to be too self-conscious. Well fuck it. I will just write whatever I want to write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home