Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Whipping your brain to wring a something funny

One of my friends was keeping a “funny” journal for a while. You are supposed to write something funny everyday to entertain random people. She quit. She said it’s pretty hard to write something funny every day. She was stressed out after kept the journal for a month.

When I heard she was doing that journal; that was already funny. I mean who in the world keep a “funny” journal? Besides she is not living on the funny side. As far as I know she had been residing in self-conjured-depressing-world for at least 3 years. So that was an improvement of her. Okay my journal is getting dull. I’m sure I cannot keep a “funny” journal to keep people laughing.

Okay, here is a funny story (at least I believe it is). I belong to Toastmasters. You should not laugh now. I didn’t get the funny part yet. Yep I am a Toastmaster who barely speaks English. I have been that for almost a year. Our club consists of almost 100% Japanese and one Canadian and a Scottish, my fiancée, Maz. I found funny in it. There is a guy whose speeches are always about sex or at least very dodgy. Toastmasters is supposed to be formal as heck, but he doesn’t seem to care about it at all. For instance when I was still a observer, he gave a speech, with a professional looking whip in his hand, about how he liked his wife on him while sex. Most of the members were older than me and they had common sense, but all they congratulated him for the speech, even thanked him…What the heck?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home