Friday, September 08, 2006

Gee my stick memory (I don’t know what you call a stick which works like a FD; but contain much more) is broken. It’s not a big problem that I cannot use.

Is your job your vocation? If you are working for somewhere you might have asked yourself if yours is. I have some friends who are looking for their “vocation”. Last week one of them just told me he would go to Nagano prefecture, located in the center of Japan, to be a pyrotechnist. He has been looking for what he should be done while he exists for years and years. He also had lived in Canada for it. He thought he would find it in different country.

Before I took my friends up as an example, I should talk about myself. I’m also a big seeker of my vocation. One that I found interest last year was Green Tea Café. I really thought this new type of café was going to be in fashion; we would see green tea stands anywhere in the future not only in Japan but also in some countries. I thought I would be my vocation, running green tea café. I pretty much failed, though. I applied for a company which was already running a green tea café. After I started working there 3 hours, I felt that’s not what I wanted to do. It’s a shame, I kept thinking that type of café would be suitable for me, but I realized not.

Many young kids were working there too. I’ve met some girls who were dying to be hairdresser. They believed that’s what they wanted to be their life time job, vocation. However I doubted very much if they really wanted to be a hairdresser. Why I think this way is because when I asked them that what they would do after they got to be it. They didn’t give me a clear answer. They just became silent and started talking about a fashion show would be held by them. As far as I understood, they just thought the sound “being a hairdresser” was cool without thinking the future view or anything; like I thought running café was cool.

What decided our current job? Some of my friend didn’t go up to a college and without a college degree they had a few choices in choosing a job. The job they could apply for were like constructing, farming, and working for a factory. Some of them think the chosen job isn’t their vocation, and wish to have a better job. They hope to have a distinguished job. As for a people with B.A. or M.A. also tend to change their job. They say stuff like “I’m not content with this job” or “I’m experienced enough to take more responsible post” then they quit their job. Some find better job, but most of them are failed and repeat same thing. Who can have a better job, that’s a person who has clear view of their future image. In brief, who knows what he/she wants to be.

Many people fail to have vocation at least they think failed, but many people can be happy without it. And is the job that they don’t thing that’s their vocation is really not their vocation? Well, in my opinion, if you keep doing one job for long time, that’s your vocation. Even you don’t thing it is, it’s probably it is. Only people who had a desire to be some job from the word go can feel their job is their vocation. This is just my thought. I don’t know the truth.

Some people who are doing jobs they were eager to do say, nice cases out of ten, “You should decide you job from the view point of what you love to do.” It’s a dog food. The reason they can say like that irresponsible is because they found a job what they would love. Many people now, especially in Japan, even come up with any idea what they will love to do; end up thinking “I want to do café,” or “I wanna be a hairdresser” Unless they have transparent views on the jobs or actually love to do them, will suffer from the gap from the real.

Probably, many people are doing their vocations, just they don’t notice or think somebody’s is better than his/hers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home