Thursday, August 10, 2006

I’ve got some things to write today. Well, where to start…

This morning I went to Asia University, my old school. I had a thing to ask my old teacher to write. It’s about a testimonial letter for applying to schools. I e-mailed to him and inquired when was available for him. He told me today, so I went.

On the e-mail he also told me that today he would have a special class for special students who participated in JASCP (Junior Achievement Student Company Program). JASCP is a program—as you understand with letters—introduced from the U.S.A. In the U.S this program is for middle and high school kids; here in Japan some University take now. And when I was a student, Asia University introduced the program for Business Major as the first University in the academic history in Japan. Hahaha anyway, to my luck, I happened to take part in it. That’s the reason why my teacher insisted me on coming today. He wanted me to observe the class.

In a word, the class was really beneficial to all of us who attended. It was about new Company Law. Company Law was just changed this May here and that made a big fuss among tax accountants, companies and schools. To tell the truth, I didn’t know about it. That’s the shame, because I majored in Business and don’t know about it. During the class I pretended that of course I knew already. That’s a shame too, putting up air. But the teacher expected me sticking to that kind of stuff. I learned today, and felt like “Now I am familiar with it!!”

After the class, my teacher offered me to make a little speech about JASCP for having the experience that. I made a dumb speech, much worse than Bush. While I was making my speech, I looked around and saw students face, they were about to start the program; but I didn’t see much enthusiasm from their faces. I might be wrong, but felt that way. When I was doing that program, we all were really serious. Okay, just I am a bit sarcastic.

The teacher and I left school for lunch. He asked me what I was going to do. I told him I might go to school in the U.S. He said he understood and asked again what I would do after that. I said “Nothing, thought yet,” He made a face by my answer and paused a moment. He started saying that I should take over parents business. He kept trying to convince me of it. Well he was probably right. I should succeed to the business. Then I can do what I want to do: Writing, archery, biking, running. I get to think about it.

Okay I will stop here. There were some other things happened around me today; but they are not as important as that I just wrote about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home