Friday, October 13, 2006

I subscribe TIME and the latest one arrived here a couple days ago. This is the third one since I started reading it. Always I found good articles I could take interested in, and as usual one issue caught my eyes. That is about diarrhea.

Do you know Diarrhea is the second leading cause of death in children? 1.9 million Kids die from diarrheal diseases. The article indicates some reasons why it happens as well as a good solution (drink water which has sugar and salt). But the thing really caught me thinking are not many people recognize diarrhea causes lots of deaths.

I know many touching charity events take place in Japan. But most of them are for most of famous diseases, like HIV, or disasters. As far as I know there is no donation for diarrhea children. I consider it sounds better if you declare starting gather money for AIDS, but diarrhea. The most important things are not flashing; people won’t look at them closely.

By the way, 6 cents can help a kid from the death of diarrhea. Did you know? But it sounds cheap but when you try to help some million of them, will be $114,000. Well that costs a lot. …did I miss-calculate? If a wealthy man gives up a Ferrari, he saves quite a few of kids, and cause famine or global warming then. Probably survived children increase AIDS. Am I sarcastic? But I guess it’s true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home