Monday, September 11, 2006

Do you like coffee?

Just ten minutes ago, I was standing in the kitchen and making coffee; all of a sudden this thought occurred to me; do I like coffee? I drink coffee about 10 cups per day. It’s probably a bit too much. You might wonder why I drink that much, I can answer without any pause; to sit up late. However when I make coffee, how I make is what’s called “Hand-drip”—this is a way, you pour hot water onto grinded beans with a pitcher instead of using a machine. This way, you can change taste of coffee; yet you need skill to do. I like Hand-drip, because there is “Ma”, Japanese word which neither I couldn’t explain nor my first class English dictionary. “Ma” means time passing. Japanese people feel or create “Ma” when we do something which is needed skill and carried out only when our minds are deeply calm—if you understand “Ma” with thins explanation you are Japanese. Anyway, I like to make coffee, because it shares me with space to make “Ma”. Again, I ask myself if I like coffee itself.

Without any explanation, everybody knows what coffee is. It’s made up of roasted coffee bean which is yield in such as Brazil, somewhere in Africa and so forth. To my knowledge, beans from higher elevation are better than the other, I guess climate distinguish beans quality, well I don’t care about it. Here in Japan, coffee got to be more popular by Starbucks this past decade.

In what occasion, people drink coffee? For one reason, I imagine many people drink it in the morning at home, Starbucks, something like that. The purpose of drinking coffee is to freshen their feeling, prepare for a new day in other words tell their body to get ready for the day. Another reason, people drink it at break time, lunch or three o’clock whatever, to relax. And third reason is to sit up late, like one of mines. Okay, there are at least three reasons that people drink coffee. Nevertheless, which reason shows you if people really like coffee? Those answers, I hit on, don’t directly to “they like coffee itself”. First two reasons are for relaxing, can’t make you sure that coffee is actually loved, and as for the last one, people, including me, just expect its caffeine. The last one is even worse. It’s like you are married to a wealthy widow, after her money.

Well, well, well, I’m getting confused. What is coffee about? Is that really good taste fluid to drink? The effectiveness of caffeine aside, is coffee really taste good? I suppose some people disapprove it, after hearing my soliloquy, but some people will say yes. But honestly, I don’t know about it. I can say either yes or no. That’s taste is just blacky liquid from roasted milled beans that’s to say, it is just burned edible drink. In addition to that, coffee might develop a cancer for burned beans.

Okay I will stop here. It’s a life time question. What I’m going to do now, make a cup of coffee. I took enough caffeine to sit up far into the night, but I dare to make now. Do I like coffee or is coffee drug?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home