Friday, October 27, 2006

My father abruptly said if I wanted to study “illustrator”, a PC soft. According to him, there is one person who teaches how to design that kind of stuff in neighbor. I didn’t have any interest in designing, it doesn’t mean my imagination sucks, before, but I thought it’s good to learn that technique. We went to the place and made a reservation, when to have a class and all. But when we got on the car heading home, I realized what I would do with “illustrator”, even though it was well know to people as quite useful. As soon as I got home I checked web pages about the soft. They read that I can draw pictures for ad, book cover, POP. Okay, might be “ad” and “POP” are similar in meaning. I made out that it was going to be useless if I didn’t use it for commercial. If I ever have a chance to publish book, I can use it but when? And a professional does better job for sure.

What is more, the soft will cost me about 80,000 yen—$750. Who on earth will pay that much for making a future book cover? None. But later I found I could buy it cheap in at Amazon; it’s second hand, about $150. It’s still expensive.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you sell a book, other people should pay you.

I'm confused. Do you mean that you are taking a class to lean how to illustrate for a book you're writing or that you're going into graphic design?

6:28 AM  
Blogger TCK said...

Oh I thought it would be nice if I can design a book cover, becasue the class tuition isn't too bad. But if I want to do it at home, have to buy the computer soft; and it costs lots.
I will shou you when I fisnish making one, a book cover.

10:22 AM  
Blogger TCK said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home