Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas present

I thought yesterday was 22nd. However it is not a matter at all to me anyway. For a change we will have Christmas party on Saturday, which is probably 25th, the Christmas day. We never had Christmas-ish thing for decades.

I can ask myself whether I have ever had one before. Yes, I remember when I was 6 or 7, my mother told me there was no Santa and if I did not mind a study book for 5th grader. First, it is not to fair for kids to be told by their parents that there was no such a bloody Santa. Second, I did mind the study book for 5th grader. I wouldn’t understand and even if that was for my grade, I would not utilize the book to be honest. I was not a kind of kid who seek a pressure in doing math. Besides that, my mother already had the stupid book in her hand. That meant I had not no choice but to take it. So this is the only memory I had about Christmas when I was a kid. Probably I can reminisce about other old stories. Hence I am pretty sure that would demoralize me to attend my sister’s party.

The reason my sister is going to have Christmas party is because she’s got 2 kids. One of them now talks and sort of knows what is going on around her. Kids get annoying as they grow due to variety of unnecessary information such as Christmas. You are practising Buddhism for christ’s sake. I can picture the kid, my niece, begged my sister to have a party for 2 reasons. First, that’s probably because most friends of her will have one. Since my niece is very cautious about what other people do, she did not want to feel left behind. Second reason, that’s probably because that she knew she could get presents from her grandparents and her parents. But nothing is from me, you little sly cheeky demon. If there is one thing I dare to give her is a study book for high schooler for old time’s sake. Am I mean?
Well, it is nice to reunite family sometimes. I hope it won’t provoke old Santa if we use him for that purpose. Well, he doesn’t exist anyway, though. Even if he does, he is not invited anyway. We are Buddhists who stupidly adopt anything convenient from the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home