Monday, December 13, 2010

Waking up in ache

I woke up serious sore muscle this morning. The muscle on both thighs and carves were already sore before I went to bed, but definitely got worse this morning.

I biked about 60km yesterday, including a 1000 meter mountain. The training itself doesn’t sound hard, but the thing was, I was really excited to bike outside. Last week I did not bike outside much, mainly for not being able to wake up early enough. In the morning is the only time I can bike on weekdays. So, I biked hard. The combination of biking hard and not having trained much during week triggered the ache. It is a good ache, though.

I need to train hard to do the two-day trip which I failed this summer. In the trip I have to ride longer than 700km and climb up 10,000meters. I am planning to do it the end of July next year. The biggest mistake I made this year was that I didn't do long ride training. I was too focused on climbing. Therefore I was pretty satisfied with just climbing up mountains daily for training. I belittled how tough it was just to ride long kilometres.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home