Thursday, June 23, 2005


I went to a book store where I used to stop by in Seattle. Whenever I came to Seattle I went to this book store, The Eliot Bay Book Company. Yuichi and Mizuho and I went into the store to buy a book. What I was looking for is a book that was written by Isak Dinesen, OUT OF AFRICA. I figured I couldn’t buy this book in Japan even this book is pretty famous in the U.S. This book is too old, 1937, it was copied the first. I didn’t know about this book. All I know was that this book was really good. Usually I don’t follow any reputation, though. I just felt like buying this book.

Afterwards, we went to Fly art museum, that is about Russian art. It was kind of far, why we went there was because it was free to see arts. I like this museum not just because it is free. I have a favorite painting here, but unfortunately, the section where my favorite was closed for maintaining. I got pissed off a while. But right after that, I found an art that was like a doll, guy. The interesting thing is this was built by pictures. That artist took a thousand of pictures of a guy and then cut up each piece, like finger, nail, jaw, eye, shoulder, practically all part of human body. Then the artist glued pieces of pictures onto a dummy doll. It was really cool art that I have never seen before. I was satisfied by it.

Next, we went to was Sent James Cathedral RC that I had visited before once. But then the church was closed but this time. We went in and saw inside. It was really nice looking. Chairs are surrounding, 360 degrees, the table where probably the priest has a mass. I can’t imagine how he talks to everybody. There are two small places where people are praying. One of them, there is a statue of Mari. The other one, there is a object of flaming tree. It was probably about Moses when he climbed up Sinai Mountain and heard God’s voice. Sent James Cathedral RC…I couldn’t even take one picture. It was way too beautiful to take a picture. I thought I should have taken a picture with my eye. Anyway the way to God is not depended by beautiful or not, to tell you my true think.

I have only two days to go back to Japan. Now I have to do all by myself. How tough it is to carry out by oneself. But if I don’t I will be sunk. I have no choice. I have to make up my mind to stand on my two feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home