Saturday, October 08, 2005

It was fun to work without who were experienced.

I have not written for a while. It is not just because I was busy. Practically I was not busy as compared with real busy people in the world. Who are the people who are busy is people never say they are busy. A person who says who is busy is not busy. At least those guys are busier than people who spend time in front of a TV station and wait for some celebrity coming out in order to see them a second; getting blocked by guards. Anyway, what is the point here is why I did not write my blog for a while. It is just because I did not feel like it. That is all. I spent a quit few hours in front of my PC as fiends waiting for conceited people at the TV station; and I was just browsing around.

Today, I was supposed to manage the café I work by myself. I got co-worker who just started working, a beginner, I should say. Original manager, who I described who was mean or something got three days off. I have not seen her took a day off since I started working with her. This is the first time for her to sleep well for a month. But I had to call her up on a phone to ask something. I did around 12 pm. She sounded sleeping. I did again for another reason, she sounded sleeping. I was sorry for calling her up. But that time she was nice. Actually she is nice when she does not work. But it scarcely happens because she always works. Then she is always mean. It is just like that, some people who are obviously men, sometime declare that they are mentally girls. So, we never see them actually girl, you know what I mean? Anyway, my co-worker and I were waiting for customers and wishing many customers not to come or hope they come different time. We were not sure if we could get through. Our original manager was worrying too, but she was sleeping right in the middle of while we were struggling. In a short, many customers came at the same time. Do I have to say there is a word “Lunch” in the world? People naturally want to eat lunch at lunch time; it is of course around 12 pm or so. I have to say my co-worker is a layperson. She can make cold drink, but hot kinds and food. I was running from the kitchen to the Barista place back and force when we got order of food and hot drink same time. To tell the truth, I am a beginner too. All I could do was to pretend I was well trained Barista and cook. How to act like an experienced guy? if you want to fool people, you need exaggeration in doing anything. For instance, I lifted my hands higher than my head. It is absolutely unnecessary at all. But people like that way to see. Customers pay 300 yen for a cup of green tea. They can get a one at a convenience store and can be satisfied with it. But many customers decide to drink at our café paying for it twice as much as they pay at a convenience store. All we, Baristas do is adding value.

Anyway, we thought we would get upset when a lot of people coming. But we did not. We made lots of mistakes instead. Actually my co-worker, she made a lot…She thought she sold tea leaves for a customer. But she handed to her a sample which contained foam polystyrene which was made out of petroleum. Who in the world makes tea out of refined fossil? I ran out of our café in rain to find the customer. I found and brought the customer to the café again and gave her real one; and gave her a cup of tea to compensate for our mistake. She, the customer did not care at all.

Did I complain to my co-worker for making mistakes? No. I knew people were urgent to complain and it made the others sore. When one makes mistake, one knows it is mistake. When do we have to say, not complain, is one does not know it is mistake.

Then I got off my work around 9 pm. I had an appointment to see my friend. But he did not answer my phone. So, now I am in my room. I know he is too drunk to notice my phone call. And there is the other guy named Fumi dancing around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home