Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Japanese are sometime strange.

I don’t think it is good idea to be proud of that I am working kind of longer than most people do. Because, it is not the point. I am supposed to be proud of that I don’t have to work too much and the result is still well. I am not sure it made sense to you or not. Anyway, people who work for our company tend to boast of their working hours. Even they don’t get much money, and day off at all; even nobody praise them. We are not working for being praised by someone; but on the other hand, if people are not appreciated, as they are, by somebody, what motivates them?

I was really surprised that my Vice manager told that she would buy some products from our café, if our café could not accomplish the daily budget, which was made by somebody. I will never do that stupid thing. I never will. That kind of action is not the proper stuff to do. If customers don’t want to buy our products, we have to figure out how we can incline them to buy. To buy our products by ourselves in passive way, just to obtain the daily sales, is the first thing we have to avoid doing. Tonight, my VMG said she would spend at most 80 dollars (approximately 8000 yen) if we could not reach the silly daily sales prospect. I doubt my ears very much when I heard it. If I asked her if she was kidding to say it, she would be very furious at me. She was serious as a believer of some kind of wicked cult. I did not add anything.

I buy drinks at our café, because they are actually good, they really are. But I won’t feel like buying products to make sales look good. Maybe persons like my VMG are typical Japanese workers. But I can not follow that crazy custom.

But our company is so funny, and my life is so funny too. Why I cannot work at any legal place?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha. I'm wondering the same thing. What's with you and places that run their businesses in shady ways?

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home