Sunday, May 18, 2008

drift wood and duckweed

I got to wake up at 3:30 this morning. Isn’t that insane? Duckweed is in now and there are lots of them floating on the pond near I live. My parents and I decided to catch them to sell them to make some pocket money. To make the job done by 12 I had to wake up that early, besides that my parents are pretty much morning people. When they said we had to start before 4 am, I told them we wouldn’t have sunlight. They didn’t care.

We got there around 3:40. As I expected the sun was still at Hawaii. There was so spooky, but noisy by bullfrogs and bugs. Those creatures made the place eerier. You don’t know some kinds of noise scare you. They walked down the road by the cliff and I was waiting for them catching Duckweed so I could pull containers up from the top of the cliff. I hardly saw them in the dark. Only the sound of splashing water filled the air. It seemed bullfrogs and bugs were scared of the intruders. It didn’t take long to fill the container we prepared. When we got into the car, the sunshine was beaming from east sky. On the way, I really hoped we didn’t catch anything unpleasant like a dead cat. I would be the one sort the weeds out alone.

I only found a crawfish and a fish. I was lucky.

After work I went south with Maz. We had an adventure. We found a cool café on top of a hill and drift wood store under the hill. We bought wooden vase for 1,000 yen (10 dollars). We managed to find a beach and walked along the foreshore.

It was a nice day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home