Friday, February 03, 2006

It was short enough to be interesting.

Just now I finished reading this book “of mice and men”. The book was, how to say, a crazy book. I don’t know what motivated John Steinbeck to write it. The story is about two guys sticking together all the time. And at the last, one guy had to pull the trigger on the other guy’s head. Well it didn’t make sense to me why he did it. Someday I will have to read that book again. I do remember when where I bought that book. It was two years ago in Seattle at Elliot bay Book Company. My boss liked john Steinbeck and I gave him “East Eden” by Steinbeck and I bought “of mice of men” for me. Why I bought was just because I heard he was a good author and was thin as a newspaper, only 100 pages and all. But I could not read it; I could not understand the English he used, but now. I don’t remember why I picked up the book from my book shelf, from a thousand of books. But it was not the book that made regret about reading it. I am glad to have it.

The next book I will read will be “Memory of Geisha”. I bought it a month ago, and had read 20 pages. It’ll give me a good idea about writing should be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home