Saturday, January 01, 2011

Chicken

It was one of the most memorable year-end day yesterday. I was cleaning the entire house with my wife all day. About 4pm we had finished and I started browsing internet. It was then my mother called me on the phone. I was reluctant to answer but I had no choice. My mother’s phone calls fall into either offering food or asking me to work. And as most phone calls are, that was the latter one.

She asked me to help my father to insecticide all green houses. What I had to do was dealing with the hose of the machine so my father did not have to struggle. When I rushed to my father, he had almost done it. I was glad. Instead of helping him, my father asked me to close the green houses special insulation roof; that’s an easy job. I finished doing it in 5 minutes. I was thinking what to eat to conclude the year when my father ran to me and said one green house’s roof was blown off.

There was snow from 30th night through the next morning. The snow must have made holes on the roof. And the window; the combination of snow and wind ripped the roof. In retrospect, I should have taken a picture of it, because the view was so astonishing for a year-end day. I had premonition endless work was coming up.

I do not want to go into what we did and stuff. It is boring and would make me sigh. Around 8pm we finished patching up the green house. We all were covered with mud and fatigued. My stomach was achy for cold. When I got home I was freezing. I took a long bath. I had no appetite. I just had wine. When I was about to go to bed, suddenly I got hungry. I micro waved frozen chicken ate with salt and pepper. The chicken was cheap and dry. I realized the crappy chicken was the last meal of the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home