Sunday, October 16, 2005

Google...

I worked today for 14 hours straight without any break. As for Japanese workers, it sounds normal, I guess. But when I read a book about “Google” I got depressed, because worker at google are well treated. Even Japanese google, they got a room named “snack room” where they can eat food and drink for nothing whenever they want. They also have service of getting massage for nothing; company pays for pro-massage. The book says if you are at the company you will overhear somebody snoring in the office from massage. What???????? I can not believe it. Hey look at me, I am standing all day; and I hesitate to go to a bathroom because, we don’t know when customer comes; I do massage on my legs myself with of course standing. How in the big difference could occur? Is that just because google is high tech company and we are just low tech? Hahahaha I am not criticizing at all. Just I wanted to write how google differs from the others. I am not sure about google much; they may have some problems between workers; social problem and all. When I see the light side of my work, I never starving; and that is good to know. If I am hungry, I can make some drink.

Anyway, today I was at the café I work at 6:30; because a drama was going to be filmed at our café. So, some celebrities ate what I cooked, for sure. But the thing is, I do not watch TV, practically I don’t have a TV. I stopped watching TV 4 years ago. I noticed that TV made me waste time. I do not say all TV programs are bad, but mostly. Yet I sometimes want to watch, long to watch movies on TV. My friend told me that this is the time to buy one. Yesterday, I went to a recycle shop and found I could buy a TV for 5,000 yen (47 bucks). Is that expensive? I suppose so. It is quite expensive for recycled one. Anyway, instead I bought a gramophone record. I don’t have one to play it; what a wasting. I just could not help buying because it was Ravel’s. I like classical music, above all I love Ravel’s music. I also bought trash can for 100 yen and was good deal for the size. It sounds funny recycled trashcan…

Anyway, I did not see the celebrity who I wanted to see. I have heard they were speaking Korean… now, in Japan “Korea” is in fashion.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even in Wilsonville we had a snack room (sometimes called break room). Usually if you have more than 2 or 3 workers, you have a snack room in America -- this is why we are all so fat. :)

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home