Sunday, November 27, 2005

Encounter

You can not imagine that I had encountered my old friend from my college by super accident. I was on my way to my apartment. When I transferred myself to another line, I felt something, like something pulled me into a coach which originally I would not get in. Anyway, I got on the coach, and did not find any place to sit. I grabbed a strap as the train moved. I looked around without thinking and found the guy who I used to go to school together. He is from Nepal and got job in Japan. I have not seen him for 4 years; and last time when I called him up on a phone he told me he lives in where the school is where is far away from where the train was bound for. He was sleeping on a seat. I kicked his leg to wake him up. And he woke up, he could not figure out what happened. He gazed at me for a while; he could not tell who I was. It took him a while to remember me. The he said
“KISHIMOTO!!”
in his really fluent Japanese. He spoke 4 languages perfectly. We struck up a conversation. After some minutes he started asking me to find a job for him. He has a permanent job in Japan; but to bring his daughter up he needs money. He does not get much money from his job. So, he had to get a temporary job too. Then when I found him on the train he was going to that temporary job. Somehow it is same station as I live.

It was kind of a miracle that we had met in the subway. Because, usually I do not use train. Today was exception I had to help another café in another prefecture. Besides I missed one train in Shinjuku. Maybe, God did this for me. I do not know why at all, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home