Sunday, December 04, 2005

Come to think of it.

I told my manager that I want to quit this job. It was the second time, last time they told me to reconsider about it. I did it and my conclusion is to follow my original plan. It here means to quit the job. I told my manager again about it. As I expected, he tried to persuade me not to quit. I insisted on I can not seem get interested in this job much. After a brief moment he started telling me the company’s plan. Our company will make new stores. One will be in the other place of Tokyo and the other one will be in Seattle. My manger asked who would go to Seattle to teach workers how to run and make drinks and all. He hinted at that I would be picked out for it. It sounded good, but come to think of it. It could not be happened. Because, the company will build new stores in next March. The guy who would go to American would not be me. In the first place, we have one guy who is now manager and he had been in the US since high school. In the second place, my English is not good enough as you reader can tell. This, that my manager told me made me feel uncomfortable. He just wants me to stick to this company. And for that, just he was telling me a something unsure. If I were a stupid pity dog which is in a dog race and chases inaccessible bait. Do I have to chase the bait running away as I try to catch up?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are right -- probably your manager is lying to you. However, you must be doing a good job at working there if he is begging you to stay!

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Takashi,

Indeed, it seem's your manager has lied to you previously... you may be thinking "why should you trust what he says this time?" All managers have a vested interest... they need to do what they can to keep their staff (he has his own boss to think about, remember, who is 'above' him).

However, I wouldn't necessarily count this against him if you like the job. It seems that you have been working pretty hard... which is fine as long as you enjoy what you do. (I work pretty hard, and late in the night, but I think it is well and truly worth it - satisfying-wise not pay-wise). If you are unhappy though, I would weigh the reasons for and against leaving. It's easy to think greener pastures exist elsewhere... you need to decide if better opportunities exist if you change, though sometimes we all simply just desire a change.

I actually think your English is excellent, easy enough to understand by anyone, I'm sure you can work elsewhere without much trouble (and you shouldn't count not speaking perfect english as any less an ability to perform a job). I look forward to more blogging!

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I was reminded of you and how you love to write even though your English does not sound native. Here is an essay by a man from Africa who just published a novel even though his English is "broken." It does not matter that his words are not perfect because the essay is very beautiful and full of passionate feeling --

http://www.powells.com/essays/iweala.html

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home