Monday, June 27, 2005

I don’t know if I can call today 25th, should be I can. But regarding it makes me notice I am Japan. I had been away from Japan for exactly 2 years, but I didn’t want to come back yet. It’s not just because I don’t say I don’t like Japan. I like Japan, it just doesn’t fit me. I had been feeling this way for long time, long time. I was thinking I was weirdo because I was kind of different from ordinary Japanese. I kept modify myself before. I knew “difference” that I do not have to shame.

Anyway, I am sitting on a chair in the hotel lobby. 5:22 is the time, and many old people who are staying at this hotel are coming down. This hotel closes the main gate during night time, so we have to use “Night time entrance”. People don’t know where the night entrance is, and then I have to direct them. It was really funny, because people think I am working for this hotel. Of course I don’t. The first they annoyed me, but I had found the fun of directing people. Now I am trying to be as polite as possible and direct people correctly. I don’t think I can be typical Japanese for these actions I made…

What made me surprised are people. Now I can distinguish Asian people where comes from. Japanese is different from; even we are pretty much mixed in race up. I don’t have any idea to explain this, but I can tell. I think I tell people not only from appearance, the way to speak or gesture. Total information tells me, and Japanese behave like Japanese. I don’t know how to explain.

Anyway, I am Japan even if it is against my will…
I miss…

Unfortunately—to readers—today’s writing will be longer. I don’t think many people read this writing, but as long as I write something I will write as I am talking to. Anyway, just now I looked outside from the window of my room. I saw lots of building standing expressionlessly; it was weird to me. I felt the window was as if a TV monitor. Just because, I spent most of time in Oregon and California when I was in the U.S. Those places are, so to speak, rural. I have been to San Francisco sometimes and it is city. But SF is not the city which I think and is faceless. I think I felt cozy when I was in America more than I feel it in Japan. Maybe due to Tokyo, it is big different from my home town and America where I had lived.

You know, how much we are eating Japanese food now? I ate baked fish two dishes in a row. How marvelous this is having a chance to eat Japanese food. But I know I am going to miss the life that I had been eating cereal all the time. Might be I will be sick of Japanese food. I didn’t eat as much as Japanese do before… ate bread what I like was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home