Thursday, June 30, 2005

I got up 4:30. It seems I still have jetlag and vaguely adjusted into Japanese time. I prayed as usual and started reading Othello, shake spire. This book was written in Japanese, old Japanese, so I hardly read it. Besides I haven’t read Japanese book for long time. It is hard to read sentences top to down. Typical Japanese way to write is flip paper from left to right and read top to bottom. You will see when you see any Japanese book. I don’t think any country except China follows this way. Some people say the reason why Japanese can’t read English book is because the way of difference to read. I don’t think so. We Japanese just don’t read English book much. I noticed one thing when I read Othello I sometimes skip when I run into really hard sentence, but it did make sense to me later. I could tell what William wanted to say through neighbor sentences. When I read any book in English, I try to understand everything. I think it is notion that I have to make sense everything to read book. We can have fun reading even we have some sentences that can’t tell.

I am sitting at a hotel’s “relaxing room”. I can’t relax at all; only people are allowed smoking here. You know what happens here. So people are smoking as old train. I am really surprised that Japanese smoke a lot and there are many place to smoke. I hardly smelled smoke in the U.S. even many people are smoker, they were isolated, so to speak. Japanese…they ought to grow up in moral. However, nobody smokes marijuana in public, though. Hahaha.

I will go to a shrine today and Asia University to see my teacher. I hope something good will happen!!

It is rain today; I don’t like walking in rain, especially in summer. I would stink, everybody is smelled badly. Hot makes us sweat and rain makes us stink more. No kidding. So, when I got on the train before noon, the train was filled with smell. Sweaty smell, maybe you know, which I have not smelled even one time in the U.S. I really recommend everybody not to come to Japan from June to August. It maybe terrible season if you don’t know Japanese weather. I am sitting on the chair in old school’s library. This library is as large as U.C. Davis library or even bigger that that. It has 8 stories for not to waste space. But this Asia University is way smaller than U.C. Davis. You take 2 minutes to walk through the campus from edge to edge; if I am in hurry one minute is enough. I think this campus is smaller than my home property… This school’s density is as high as Hong Kong. I haven’t been there. Though.

Anyway, I am sitting on the chair and reading papers about setting up company in the U.S. It makes me really sleepy, that’s why I opened my lap top to write a journal. I have two hours more to see my teacher. It is 11:43 now. I will check my watch to know what time in the U.S is, it is 7:43. We are ahead of you guys, we are living at the same time. We are experiencing today, but you guys are yesterday. What a strange, and what a strange to think about it. I must have jetlag.

Tonight I have to go to Shibuya, which is one of the loudest places, in Japan. I had been in Tokyo for 4 years, but I went to Shibuya at most 5 times. I didn’t like busy place. San Francisco is good enough. I want to take a picture of the city. I have to buy something to wear before I saw friends. I am stinky, unfortunately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home