Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I woke up around 7. It was too late, and actually I got up around 8. I didn’t feel like getting up. I was thinking about what happened yesterday. Yesterday was really dense. I had lots of things to do and really fun.

Mizuho and I went to Kinokuniya, a big book store, in Shinjuku, that has whole 6 stories to look around books. I didn’t want to see Japanese books, something like novels. I went up to 6th floor, the foreign books section. I noticed that now English books are foreign…it is kind of sad to notice. I was flipping a book about how to study Japanese. One guy talked to me in English. He asked me about the bow, I was carrying with, and where he can see people practicing. His name was Jeff and is from Hong Kong. He said he immigrated to Australia when he was around 10. Anyway I talked with him a while and gave him my e-mail address. Because he was studying, investigating and all, Japanese archery before.

Mizuho and I left the book store. I saw him off at the entrance of the Shinkansen. Then I went to Japanese archery store to fix my bow. It was really interesting store, you never saw in your life. I am customer of this shop ever since when I was college student.

Then I went to Shinjuku again till to go to internet café to send e-mail to Vicky and Benji. Internet café…it’s really nice place to stay for cost. $2.50 for one hour and you can read comic, use computer, and drink pop as much as you want. Then I went to see my friend who is working for Sony. He was really hot-shot when he was in College. He was debate champion 3 years in a row in Japan. So, I never can beat him in quarrel war. Anyway I was kind of nervous to see him, because he has been working for Sony 4 years. What I did? I went to the U.S. to wander around. I felt small quite a lot before I met him. But he was nice; I think he is nicer than when he was student. Days of working sharpened, polished him. It was really comfortable to talk with him. I usually don’t talk about myself, at least try not to. But today I talked plenty about myself. In that he asked me to talk about what I have done in the U.S. I asked him to tell me how he was spending his life, yet he did not want to talk about it. I think he was tired of his job. He said he worked really hard. This is why I stopped asking about his work and started talking about his biking. He wanted to start biking; he gained a lot for those years. I told him that biking would make you healthy.

He is working for Sony, one of the biggest companies in Japan, he didn’t look much happy for his job. He makes money a lot for his age, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home