Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Like or not

In these days I am getting noticed that I could not take much interesting in my job. Before I started the job, I thought I would love this job, but after I opened the dream box, shall I call, just something, that startled me, jumped out. It was a jack in a box. Somebody likes that kind of box, but me. I kept trying to pretend to myself that this work was fun. However that my efforts to make believe just does not work anymore. But it is not only bad things; I fortunately could know that I am not a café guy at all. I am kind of a guy who goes to café instead of running it. I guess keeping this job little more is kind of good for me in terms of getting abnormal experience. And I have to thank to God that now I can make latte by myself. I can not make really good one, but I can make better than 99% of people who live on the earth. You should not you don’t care if you can make latte or coffee. There is some skills how to show off. My manager told me that I ought to rise my hands higher when I poured steamed milk; then I looked I was sort of in hot shot side in pouring steamed milk. It sounds stupid and it is stupid. But it is also true when you raise your genius hands up, you look you are a great barista. I think Starbuck guys do not do this trick. I just guess they don’t need to. They already have good name. But for us whom nobody knows should do something that nobody does.

Anyway, the reason I kept stinking at work is just I could not get interested in it. Unfortunately, I can not concentrate into something which I don’t have any interesting in it.

Maybe I have to go right to my dream. It is the best way. And this was good experience, because I know it, the previous sentence.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How your job is turning out to be sour reminds me of my secretary job. At first I thought it would be great because I was working for a non-profit, but then I found out that I was going to be doing secretary work for 5 people and that they would only officially call me a "receptionist." That was the place that yelled at me for not bringing napkins to the meeting. I'm so glad I left them. My Sherwood job is very good, by the way. My co-workers are so friendly that we are going to have a party together soon at our boss's house. I was really suprised because I've never had a boss throw a party with her own money for her workers. She has lots of bunny rabbits (maybe 5) and Dustin is excited about visiting her house because he loves pet rabbits.

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was me. For some reason it said anonymous . . .

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home